Call for Abstracts
The Twelfth International Symposium on Pollination Scientific Programme Committee would like to invite you to submit an abstract/s for the Symposium.
Please adhere to the guidelines below when preparing your abstract/s:
- Abstracts must be submitted as a Microsoft Office Word (MS Word) document.
- Every abstract must have a completed Submission Questionnaire Form accompanying it.
- Abstracts must conform to the following format:
- Abstract Title - UPPERCASE, 10pt Arial, Bold, except for scientific names which should be upper/lower case and italicized. Scientific names should not be preceded or followed by commas or parentheses or other markings.
- Authors Names - Regular title case, 10pt Arial. Presenting authors name should be underlined.
- Authors Affiliations - Regular title case, 10pt Arial. Affiliations should consist of authors institutions, city and country only. It is voluntary to include the corresponding authors email address.
- Body Text - 10pt Arial, justified. Body text must not exceed 250 words.
- Paragraphs should be separated by one blank line space. New paragraphs must not be indented.
- Single line spacing should be used.
- Abstracts should not include images, graphs or charts.
- All text must be black.
- Your page should be portrait and margins should be set at 2.54cm throughout (left, right, top and bottom)
- Abstracts with an accompanying submission questionnaire form must be emailed to Kerry Firmani - Kerryf@turnersconferences.co.za by no later than 30 April 2022.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- An abstract template in the correct format is available for download.
- Oral presentations will be 15 minutes (this includes 5 minutes questions & answer time).
- Submissions are open for oral presentations, poster presentations and oral poster tour (2-minute presentation to explain your poster).
- Poster presentations should A1 in size and portrait orientation. Full guidelines will follow.
Abstracts can be submitted for any of the following themes/topics, more themes may be added as the programme develops:
- Floral signals
- Variation in diet and diet width in bees
- Non-Apis pollinators of crops
- Crop pollination by honey bees
- Pollination of tropical crops
- Traditional knowledge and pollination
- Citizen Science
- Climate Change & Land use effects on pollinators
- Pollinator taxonomy
- General Oral Presentations
|Early Registration Deadline
||31 May 2022
|Abstract Submission Deadline
||30 April 2022
|Acceptance Notices to Authors
||16 May 2022
|Presenting Author Registration Deadline
||31 May 2022
|Standard Registration Deadline
||31 August 2022
|12th International Symposium on Pollination
||12 - 16 September 2022